The Downtown in Melbourne


  This building was the first construction that made me realize that I am literally in Melbourne.
It is located sort of in the center of the downtown. And also always busy as well.
Especially, The day I arrived was 'Boxing Day' which is held on 26th December in Australia like 'Black Friday' on the next day of Thanks Giving Day in States. So I guess that was why It was very crowded everywhere, not to mention about the inside of each building.

  A ton of people going back and forth through the crosswalks, tram stops, stores and then some buskers. I can still remember that I had been a bit confused after getting off a certain tram which was the first tram that I'd got on with a huge hesitance and suspiciousness. 

  I had already gotten used to the transportation in Sydney at the time, and at the same time, Never taken any trams before. So It had been a little hard to figure out which way a tram is going and how it works in Melbourn even with the Google maps. (Finally gotten used to taking trams later on though.)


Busy Busy



  The trams in Melbourne are free only in the free tram zone which is just for the inside of the city. and There is a map showing the free tram zone drown with a bold boundary on the each stops.

  Needed some time for me to figure out how they work. A bit complicated.
 
  But, Those trams make the city look more sophisticated and.. I need some words to explain about the atmosphere that is peaceful and busy at the same time. Just like that.

  When they go past a busy street filled with people, they horn that sounds like a ringing bell in a church. And the sound also makes the city to be somewhere peaceful and busy at once.


 The Downtown in Melbourne, Australia
December 2015

Popular Posts